Sunday, September 7, 2008

Flag Raising Ceremony

Jarret and his friend Nolan with their part of the program!

It was sure neat to hear 200 kids say the pledge of allegiance all in unison! WOW, what a sight to behold. I couldn't help but get a little choked up!

The Highland Primary had their first flag raising ceremony for the year, and Mrs. Binnie's class and Mrs. Baldwin's class were invited to give a special program. The whole school lines up around the flag pole and they all watch the flag being raised, say the pledge of allegiance, and have a little patriotic program. Then the 2 classes sang "My Country Tis of Thee" and each child had a part to say. They were so cute, and so proud. More excited to talk into the microphone I think. My nephew Cameron got to give the opening announcement, and did great! Way to go kiddo's! I was one proud momma!

No comments: